Sunday 31 January 2016

31/1/16 - January 31, 2016 at 07:54PM

10.5 hours, 1.5 hour pulls and 14nm!! Woohooo!! With only 12.5nm to go. Tomorrow is only -36 degrees with 10kt wind chill (-47 degrees?) with even a bit of down hill ... so hoping to be done by 6pm. 



But its that 'last' again ... Creeping into my day. Last night in the open antarctica, last dinner, last putting up the tent, last day, last pull.... darn these lasts.... well maybe not.... I began this journey knowing that a solo adventure would be more fitting and although I have learnt so much about antarctica, living and working in it, I just cant imagine not coming back. I have fallen for Antarctica, which is uber odd given all of the challenges and barriers presented. 

So, solo it is (again I call for any businesses who would like to become a sponsor to please make contact asap).

I have a very long list of things that I need to alter, research, find and train to make the solo more effective.  Over the last week on trail I have thought a lot about the solo.

The biggest benefit of linking with ALE and having a guide for the first expedition is that if I had gone solo straight off,  I suspect, especially with the conditions this year I wouldn't have been prepared enough for the extreme challenges.... but now... well thats a different case, moreso as I have experienced the extreme (with a safety net around me) and seen it through to the end. Of course, who knows what tomorrow may bring and there is still (given the number of challenges already presented) the chance that I may not make the 12.5nm .... but darn it !!!  Anyway, time for sleep, its going to be a big old emotional day tomorrow either way........

No comments:

Post a Comment