Friday 22 January 2016

21/1/16 - January 22, 2016 at 07:12PM


What a day. Officially it was my first full rest day (ohhh how my muscles appreciated it) but it was the day for resupply and change of guides. We say a sad farewell to Carl who has endless knowledge and has set me in good stead and focus for the solo challenge but say a big hello to Patchi who will get me to the south pole. I have to say, its been 6 weeks, 24/7 with Carl on a 1:1/ sole person to chat to so it will be strange.... Ohhhh and did I mention a resupply? With beer, cakes, cookies, suppportive messages from union glacier and raman? OH my .... And the ginger cookies from union glacier ... Oh my, oh my, heaven! Guess thats me rolling out of the tent tomorrow followed by supersonic skiing across the sustrugi and hills (yep, I can see them in distance!)... but for now its bed ....

No comments:

Post a Comment