Wednesday 2 November 2016

News flash - the fight starts here!!

Probably the worst case senario.... my kit was meant to arrive today but at 5.15 I was told that my expedition kit is still in Santiago!
I have not given up, too much has been invested in this and so I am off to the airport and will be flying up to Sandiago with a view that I will hire a van and drive it back.
Still the issue about customs and getting it from them, so any support that folks reading this can give would be really appreciated.
If this is the first time you have read this, I was meant to fly to Antarctica tomorrow to complete a solo expedition of 1400 miles to the South Pole and back. I would have been the 5 th woman in the world to ski solo to the South Pole and the 1st woman to ski back. This is a life dream since the age of 5 and it's going down the pan due to miscommunication and strikes.
History in the making but currently held back by a strike in Santiago.

Time to go.... I need to get on that plane......wish me luck.
Emma Tamsin Kelty



Keep up to date on Facebook : username emmatamsinkelty1
Find the links on www.emmakelty.com


No comments:

Post a Comment