Tuesday 30 October 2012

Abergavenny Three Peaks

Great to return back to Wales to trot around the three peaks of Abergavenny. Although they are not mountains .... the three altogether had an elevation of over 5000ft with a total mileage of about 30ish miles.  Weather was perfect and I even learnt some Welsh in double quick fashion. Pont Wan! (Sign next to a metal bridge) didn't initially appear to make sense until I was at the point of no return! A gaping hole in the middle of the very wobbly metal floor that even made me stop and think twice.
The rest of the trot was uneventful, apart from the  usual off piste adventures and landing up in the wrong town but I just expect these things to happen. Compass? Yes, I did have one but no I didn't think that I needed one (well until it was too late)..... Nae matter .... I was on holiday and so what if I arrived an hour or so after my ETA? The day was finished off with some excellent company, cold beer and interesting life stories. A grand day.






No comments:

Post a Comment